Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment

There is help available if you've experienced sexual violence or sexual harassment.

vp women advice

The Sexual Harassment and Violence Support Service provides a safe place to be heard, independent of your college or department. They offer free support and advice to any students who have been affected by sexual harassment or violence. The service works alongside an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) who is employed by Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre (OSARCC) and is seconded to the University to exclusively support students. They are an expert in the criminal process and can support you. The ISVA is completely independent from the University and Colleges.

Sexual Harassment and Violence Support Service

Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse & Rape Crisis Centre (OSARCC) is a charity that supports survivors of sexual violence, promotes and advocates for their needs, and works towards the elimination of sexual violence. They offer a range of support services for survivors, including counselling.

Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre (

Victim Support is a charity dedicated to supporting victims of crime and traumatic incidents. They offer support over live chat, email, and phone. 

Get help - Victim Support

Student Advice can also provide general help and signposting in this area. Email Us


Related articles

Book an SU Advice appointment

Student Advice is the only independent advice and information service exclusively available to Oxford University Students. Our advisors are working remotely at the moment due to the outbreak of Covid-19 and are offering advice by email. We will do our best to reply to you within 2 working days. You can call us during term time. Please also check here updates to our service.

Advice on the Phone (term time only)

10.30am-12.30pm - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in term time.

Call an advisor 07436225637 or 07436225630. We'll have an initial chat with you about what you need.